Become a Commercial Drone Pilot With Our Online PfCO Course
Our Hummingbird Online Drone Course is our most flexible option to get your PfCO (Permission for Commercial Operations) from the CAA. Simply complete all the E-Learning modules and Operations Manual online then book a date for your one day Theory Test and Flight Assessment.
Interactive eLearning Modules
Whether you’re a visual or a verbal learner, our online course makes learning easy, quick and enjoyable.
Operations Manual Support
We have templates available via the online portal. You are also are assigned a dedicated Instructor for additional support.
Flight Assessment Included
The Online PfCO course also includes the cost of your practical Flight Assessment.
Section 1: Hummingbird’s Online PfCO Course
The Hummingbird UAV online PfCO course has been created by our expert training team of commercial drone operators and manned pilots, to cover the following subjects that meet and exceed the CAA recommended syllabus:
- Air Law.
- Ground Maps & Air Navigation Charts.
- Airspace Operating Principles.
- Aircraft Knowledge.
- Airmanship & Aviation Safety.
- Human Factors.
- Operating Procedures.
- Theory Test Preparation.
The course material is made up of comprehensive written information and filled with interactive content, videos and activities to test your new knowledge along the way. Whether you’re a visual or a verbal learner, our online course makes learning easy, quick and enjoyable.
Learn at your own pace, in your own time – without taking any time off work. All you need to do is login and pick up where you left off. With a progress tracker to mark your success and guide you through each module, all in the comfort of your own home or office.
Section 2: Operations Manual
You are required by the CAA to complete an Operations Manual. This sets out how you will operate your drone safely and contains the procedures you will use when flying your drone. This is something you can complete in your own time with our templates, which you can access via the online portal.
All our online students are assigned a dedicated Instructor as their main point of contact throughout the PfCO application process. This instructor will review your Ops Manual and answer any queries you may have along the way.
Once this section is complete, you’ll need to upload this to the online portal for review. Once this has been signed off by the Hummingbird training team, you can book on for your Theory Test and Flight Assessment.
Section 3: Final Assessment
When you are ready to pass your Theory Test, you can contact us on +44(0)1302 802221 or via email at email@example.com to confirm upcoming dates for your Theory Test and Flight Assessment at our HQ in Doncaster. The Theory Test at the end of the course is undertaken in person at Doncaster. The test is 90 minutes long consisting of multiple choice questions.
The Online PfCO course also includes the cost of your practical Flight Assessment, which (weather permitting) can be taken on the same day as your written test.
You will need to complete the following before your Flight Assessment:
- Theory Test passed.
- Operations Manual reviewed and passed by the training team.
- You have a minimum of 2 hours of logged flight time; this is to ensure you are able to successfully pass your Flight Assessment and you meet the minimum standard required.
- Insurance in place; Hummingbird PfCO students receive FREE insurance for their PfCO practical Flight Assessment.
- Risk Assessment & Site Assessment paperwork.
- Book your Flight Assessment with the Hummingbird team.
- Appropriate weather.
- A drone! If you do not yet have an aircraft, please speak to us about purchasing a drone for the Flight Assessment. We are now offering a £200 discount on your PfCO training when you purchase a drone from us. View offer.
- Safety equipment; you can purchase everything you’ll need from our online shop, by clicking here.
- Spaces can be limited so please book & confirm your time slot by calling us on +44(0)1302 802221 as soon as you feel confident to pass your Flight Assessment.
- The test takes approximately 1.5 hours, however this may vary.
- If the Flight Assessment is failed due to the student being unprepared, a fee may be incurred to re-sit.
We currently conduct all Flight Assessments at our Doncaster HQ. Our friendly team are on hand to answer any questions you may have about the Flight Assessment, so please do not hesitate to contact us!
Section 4: CAA UAS Application
When you have completed all parts of the course successfully, you can submit your paperwork to the CAA via their online application process.
Online PfCO Course £599 (inc VAT)
Have More Questions?
Please submit your query and a member of the team will contact you shortly.